Download New Case Study:
Smart Coasters Help Brewery Stand Out in a Crowd
Oskar Blues Brewery partners with Thinfilm to deliver an engaging, on-premise experience at a bar or restaurant that prompts reorder.
- In major metropolitan areas, the vast majority of bars offer between 25 to 100 different beer brands at any given time.1
- Bar patrons prefer to order beers on tap, with craft beer brands seeing even smaller percentages of bottle/can orders.2
- Oskar Blues Brewery knew it had to try something new to attract attention.
- Oskar Blues Brewery wanted to deliver an engaging, on-premise experience at a bar and prompt them to order the new 16-ounce Dale's Pale Ale Draft Can.
- 200,000 "smart coasters" integrated with Thinfilm NFC SpeedTap™ technology were distributed to all bars and restaurants that offered the new 16-ounce Draft Can.
- The data shows that consumers responded positively to the campaign - participants spent 4.5X more time on the Oskar Blues website and 60% of them made return visits.
1 Datascope study, The State of Craft Beer in Chicago, May 21, 2015. https://datascopeanalytics.com/blog/the-state-of-craft-beer-in-chicago-bars/
2 BevSpot study, Draft vs. Bottle: A Data Breakdown of Beer Ordering Habits. April 26, 2017.
Complete the form and click the "Submit" button to download the case study.