Download New Case Study:
Interactive Bottles Help Scottish Distillery Build Brand Loyalty
Kilchoman Distillery Co. partners with Thinfilm to stand out in the crowded whisky market and boost engagement with consumers
- Kilchoman Distillery produces 100% Islay single-malt whisky "from barley to bottle" and needed a fresh, new way to communicate its brand story and stand out in a competitive market.
- Each year, 126 licensed distilleries produce and distribute several thousand brands of scotch whisky to more than 200 markets worldwide.1
- Kilchoman identified key success factors for the solution, including: ease of deployment, engagement impact, and access to consumer behavior data via integrated software.
- Kilchoman replaced conventional neck-tag booklets with Thinfilm's NFC interactive neck-tags for its Machir Bay and Sanaig whisky - creating a digital touchpoint that transformed each whisky bottle into its own marketing channel.
- Using Thinfilm's CNECT™ Cloud Platform to manage all unique tag IDs at the batch level, Kilchoman was able to track "ship-to-shelf" timing across a dozen distributors in 13 countries, and analyze consumer interaction data in real-time.
- The data showed a 6.5% engagement rate using Thinfilm's solution - many times more effective than traditional digital marketing activities.
1 Scotch Whisky Association: http://www.scotch-whisky.org.uk
Complete the form and click the "Submit" button to download the case study.